Butterfly Curl for APTTC #8


Hi Crafters, I can't believe it's August already, more than half-way through the year! But at least the sun's out so i'm happy. 

I'm sharing my design team project for A Perfect time to Craft Challenges. Our sponsor this month is Sheepski Designs. 
For my project i decided to make some wall art for my craft room. I love butterflies as they represent change 
I have used the image 'Butterfly Curl' For the base, i used thick recycled card cut to .

To cover the card i tea dyed a book and copier paper. I ripped the book page and glued them to either side. I copied a music score onto the copier paper, ripped to the right size and glued to the centre, overlapping the book pages. I used watered PVA.

I coloured the image using alcohol marker pens and watercolour pencils. 

I flipped the image before printing so that i could have it on the right side as well. This image is perfect for doing this.
These were also ripped to size and glued onto the left and right.


I inked the edges in • and • ink randomly around the surface.

For the centre i inked a heart shape cut from white card added a metal flower embellishment and a piece of eyelash trim.






For the finishing touches i added a few flowers, clear and music score washi tape. using a white chalk pen i added elements of white here and there. 

I hope this project has inspired you. Comments always welcomed.

Come and  join in challenge #8 at A Perfect Time to Craft for a change to win a free prizes from our Sheepski Designs 





Sheepski Designs Facebook Group: 

APTTC Challenge Blog

Challenges Entered:

https://colouringinscrapland.blogspot.com/

Comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts